Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's aliiive.....!

“Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated,” Mark Twain once remarked... and I have good reason to repeat the remark here, having been on hiatus for over six weeks.

I could tell you a sob story about how dreadfully life has treated me, and how heavily burdened I've been... but the truth is that there are just 24 hours in a day. Being but frail mortal flesh, I still have to use some of them to sleep (I'm working on that problem, but my lab rats keep dying, dammit). Therefore, I've simply not had the spare time to blog.

That hasn't really changed, honestly -- I'm still in arrears on most of my work commitments. But I've decided that it was time to stop neglecting my blogging, and start neglecting some of my other spare-time commitments. So if the guys on the 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 translation project are reading this, now you know at least one of the reasons why I appear lazy, of late.

So, now that I'm "back in the saddle", I'm wondering what to offer you -- you, my loyal and devoted readers (all nine of you). I've been flogging the Muhammad cartoon controversy until it is well and truly a dead horse, and I think you deserve a little change of pace. So in the next posts, I'm going to give you some material that isn't concerned with the cartoons. Not directly, anyway.

But never fear, Random Platitudes is still going to be a political / historical blog. Any other material will go in "sister" blogs, as previously mentioned. My focus, as always, is on civil liberties, history, politics and the exposure of hypocrisy (as I see it).

I invite you to join me once more, and to share with me your thoughts along the way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading some of your political/historical posts again ;-)

Cheers, Kasper

24 May, 2006 00:38  
Blogger Pete Blackwell said...

Welcome back, RP. As one of the "nifty nine", I'm glad to see your computer still works.

25 May, 2006 04:33  
Blogger RP said...

Yeah, well, let's see if I can keep it up. Life keeps throwing me curve balls, lately.

26 May, 2006 01:20  
Blogger RP said...

Dash it all, it just occurs to me that I missed a perfectly good chance to make an atrocious pun -- I ought to have titled this post "Blogging a dead horse".

I don't retrofit my posts, though, so you'll have to live with my current title for it, a modest hommage to Victor von Frankenstein.

26 May, 2006 13:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home